Loose Poops That Only Pure Pumpkin Seems To Solve

CatchThisDrift

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there. My cat, Simon, has had seriously loose poops since we adopted him from the humane society. He came with them, and they had him on Royal Canin to try to solve the problem. It didn't do any good the first couple of weeks that we had him, so we transitioned him over to the same food our existing cat has been eating for the past twelve years. Again, his stomach didn't like it, so I decided to mix in some pure pumpkin as you would for a dog with tummy troubles. It worked a treat.

Kaylie is a grazer and is given a bowl that is kept full (no pumpkin) because she gets seriously hangry, and takes it out on the unsuspecting Simon, all whilst yelling at us until fed.

We want Simon to be able to eat food without the pumpkin. Mainly for our own convenience, but also because it's sort of troubling that only pumpkin appears to work? Something doesn't seem right even though he had his full check up and there wasn't anything concerning found.

We recently transitioned the both of them to Science Diet Sensitive Stomach and Skin, and while it seemed okay for the first couple of days, it soon became very apparent that it didn't do Simon any good.

Does anyone have ideas as to a food that we can have out for Kaylie at all times, but will work for Simon's stomach? He eventually finds his way into her feeding area and eats all she's got. And then he seems to forget that area exists. He's a mysteriously special dude.

Thank you for reading this novel!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep Dr. Elseys clean protein dry food out all the time for my 4. no problems with this food. I had fed Farmina to the lot of them, in rotation with the Dr. Elseys and Evo. Farmina gave my youngest cat loose poops. However recently Farmina came out with a more limited ingredient dry food, with pumpkin :) so far i have only found it on their website. I did order a few bags, we are half way through a bag of the Quail and pumpkin, so far no problem with any of the cats.