Look Who Joined Our Family Today!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is JD

Short for James Douglas (Morrison, my son's favorite musician).

He is a lab mix (mixed with what, who knows - but he does have a little black spot on his tongue, so maybe Chow), and is 8 weeks old. He is just a little doll, and follows our 6 year old Lab Mix around like a little brother!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Kim, JD is adorable!! Those eyes make me melt.
It won't be long before he has a little brother to play with!! JD looks very comfortable in his bed!! We need more pics of your furry family member. Give him a scratch behind the ear for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll bet you thought it was going to be something else! My son has been diagnosed recently with major depression. He spent the night with a friend, who had just gotten a new kitten, and he expressed a desire to have something small and cuddly. He knew that 5 cats was too much, though. But my husband has been wanting to get our 6 year old lab a "friend", so we asked our son if he wanted a puppy. I know from experience, I have depression too, that sometimes the thing that keeps you going is your responsibilities, and I thought this would be good for him. And he's cute.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, what a cutie!! Congratualtions!!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a scare with JD today. He got really sick.
Vomiting, bloody diarrhea, refusal to eat. You can imagine the things that went through my mind. Mostly my worry was parvo, even though he's been vaccinated twice. I'm not sure how effective that is, though.

However, in my search through the yard, I found a RING in a pile of, well, bodily fluids. Not sure which bodily fluids. He ATE a RING! Aargh. So we went to the vet anyway - no temp, got an antibiotic shot, and he seems better. Oh, I really really hope that was it. He's playing a little tonight, so send me vibes that he'll be back to his old self. (And send me housecleaning vibes so we get that stuff off the floor, LOL!)

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww he's adorable!

The parvo vaccine is really affective, about .1% of dogs who are vaccinated will contract parvo. Parvo has a distinct smell... so you would know if your dog had it. I'm surprised he's had two vaccines already, being only 8 weeks old?

I'm sending good healthy vibes! That ring probably looked very yummy! How do your kitties like him? He looks really cuddly/fuzzy/snuggly soft!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Plebayo

Awww he's adorable!

The parvo vaccine is really affective, about .1% of dogs who are vaccinated will contract parvo. Parvo has a distinct smell... so you would know if your dog had it. I'm surprised he's had two vaccines already, being only 8 weeks old?

I'm sending good healthy vibes! That ring probably looked very yummy! How do your kitties like him? He looks really cuddly/fuzzy/snuggly soft!
Oh! That's good to know. The vet smelled his breath, so I guess that's why, and he said it was just puppy breath.
He's had two vaccines because he's been through 2 rescues, and they each gave him one. I guess the second just in case the first rescue didn't have good records or something.

The kitties let him be - Tigger hisses at him, so he knows to keep his distance. Elsa just sort of gives him a wide berth, and Nadette totally ignores him. He is SUCH a sweet, sweet, boy. I'm trying to figure out what he's mixed with - whatever it is, he's cute. And smart. But I'm biased!

lizk729

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww what an adorable little guy. Congratulations!!

Im glad that everything turned out OK with him. They just eat everything they come in contact with...lol I bet your son loves him to pieces.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll post some pics as soon as I recharge my camera. THANKS (insert name of 13 year old daughter)!!!

I'm starting to think he's not got that much lab in him. I really think he's part Border Collie. I thought he was chasing the cats, but he's HERDing them. The only one who lets him get close enough is Nadette, and he fake nips her in the heels and side. Anybody have a border collie and have advice? I've heard they can be a handful if you don't keep them busy!