LOL..My cat attacks her own tail

luvs2be

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if i take the end of her tail and put it near her face, she attacks it, it's just the funniest thing!!
Thought i would share

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! I have one who does that occasionally - she will notice her tail and start chasing it around. All the while giving it a look of "Stop following me!"

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sashka doesn't attack her own tail - but she can't resist Sunday's. It is long and fluffy and waves around in the air when she walks - it is irresistable to Sashka and there have been many extended wrestles after a flying kitty-leap type commando ambush on Sunday's tail!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reilly is 4 years old and he still attacks his own tail...not plays with but attacks

He will hiss and snarl and scream

I have to intervene most of the time because I'm afraid he's going to hurt himself

helddown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Napoleon LOVES to attack his tail. He grabs it, bites it hard, realizes it's part of him, then licks it to make it feel better. Soon after, he repeats the process. It's hilarious!

sydbear20

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HeldDown

Napoleon LOVES to attack his tail. He grabs it, bites it hard, realizes it's part of him, then licks it to make it feel better. Soon after, he repeats the process. It's hilarious!
me too! the licking part is just too much
anyway....

yangdemei

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I often catch Mitts PURPOSEFULLY move his tail, and then attack it as if he didn't know it was attached!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL! I can't blame them, it must be tempting sometimes esp when it's a nice long fluffly tail!

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie runs in circles in the chair, chasing her own tail. I always tell her, honey, it's been there for 4 months.....it's your tail...
She also gets Brynna, our dog. All tails are fair game in this house!

heathermontg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You may think that the cat attacking her own tail is funny, but, I just recently got my middle cat out of the habit. She started at first just playing with her own tail and soon escalated to biting and drawing blood. She had a wound for several days because of it.

Heather