litterbox question

tigger and lily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HI i have a new kittten and i am feeding her hard and soft food, it seems like sometimes she has a hard time pushing it out(b.m). should i stick with just one food,or is this normal? she is a month and a half old.thanks for listening and i love the site,
TTFN
V

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For a kitten that young, yes it is normal. Kittens at that age are usually just weaning from mom. They are used to the soft stools mom gives them. Within a week it should be easier. Where did you get such a young kitten?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigger and lily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we got the kittens from my aunt, after they started eating food and were litter trained,she was born mid march.i was allways playing with them about 3 weeks after they were born, so they would be people friendly.
thanks for the reply. shoould i keep using both or water down the hard or keep it just hard??
ttfn
V

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would make a gruel out of the hard food until about 8 to 12 weeks. It will make it easier to have a BM. You can either mix the food with warm water or get some of the KMR milk replacer at the store. I would rather see the kitten get the KMR because they really do need it until they are 12 weeks old. In an ideal world kittens would stay with mom until they were 12 weeks old. The KMR will make for a healthier kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigger and lily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks verymuch for the info sandie! The kittens are so quick now. they sure dont want to be in the back room anymore. Also my cat Tigger is getting better with them mostly just meowing if they get to close, very few growls! yehh, only when i let them out of the room.
TTFN
V

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm glad your baby is doing better.

Will you please tell your aunt that now is the time to have her cat spayed? She can find a low-cost clinice in this web site: http://www.spayusa.com