Left Side Sunken Face

Leew8372

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat developed an ear infection in her left ear. I took her to the vet, they assumed there was a polyp in her ear. They gave her antibiotics. During this visit, I told the vet other concerns I had, dripping nose or boogers, running eyes, and I noticed her face was off (half of her face was different).

A week later we had a follow up. The vet removed the debris, but did not see a polyp. So they thought she was good. We went back a third time (4 weeks after her initial appointment). Her ear was not better and still producing a lot of ear wax. Also, I told the vet again about her facial changes. The vet noticed it this time. The whole left side of her face is sunken in (same side as her ear infection).

They suggested I contact a different facility to get a CT scan. Unfortunately, I cannot afford $1,500 for a scan of her head.

So the vet is treating this as an ear infection again and she’s on antibiotics for the next couple of weeks. On top of this, my cat is losing about 1lb a month.

Has anyone ever dealt with this before?

My cat is acting normal, eating, drinking, going to the bathroom as normal.

Can this be cancer or something completely different?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leew8372

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, she is an indoor only cat. 10 years old. She has never had any other health issues