kitty motor mouths

rebeccacceber

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girl is quite the motor mouth.  I think most (not all) Tuxedo cats are.
Though, she's been losing her voice these past couple of years, she'll still attempt to meow.
She'll meow for the sake of meowing, it's fun pretending to carry on conversations with her, since she's so responsive vocally.

Last edited:

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think one of our new kittens is a tux. She is pretty quiet but I think she is the runt of the litter. They were found around newborn, eyes not open. We adopted them at 7 weeks from their foster mom.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a tux kitty, but she was not a motor mouth...unless you took her to the vet and had blood drawn. The entire staff commented on how "talkative" she was.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

themeowsercrew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my kits are motor mouths when they want something but bob my manx is the motormouth of the group especially when were playing or he is being groomed

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kismet talks to us whenever we're around. If there's a door separating us, she'll grunt and express her discontent very audibly. I love that she's making some cute kitty noise all the time - vocal cats are just so crazy adorable to me, and I look less crazy meowing at them when they consistently meow back! Mo is kind of vocal, but not as much compared to Kismet. His meows are more whines and cries, like "WHERE DID EVERYONE GOOOO?" or "WHERE'S MY FOOOOOOOD?"[emoji]9830[/emoji]

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I loved our Meezers. So loud and vocal. My new kittens are so quiet. I want to put bells on them once their harnesses fit. I worry I am going to trip over the kittens or worse, step on one.

How did you come up with their names?

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww! Most of the female cats I've known have been pretty quiet (with the exception of an ornery Siamese, and I LOVE Siamese for so many reasons - chattiness being one of them), but I'm glad Kismet is as chatty as she is. The males I've met on the other hand are LOOOOUUUD.

My boyfriend has no idea where his cat's name Mo came from. I assume the person who gifted him to him named him. We brainstormed some names and whittled it down to either Kismet or Pixel for a female, and Ren for a male. I said Pixel is more of a name for a splotchy cat (pixelated, get it? aah? *nudge* aaah? I thought it was clever :p), like a calico I was interested in, where as a more set/defined colour pattern like our tabby kitty allowed Kismet to fit better. It means fate/destiny, but I think we got the name from a goddess.

Last edited:

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok I asked dh who was the most chatty of our three oldest and Max was the loudest. He was a huge cat... like 26 plus #. I kid you not. And he was a whimp! It was crazy.
Interesting enough... the cat who was the quietest of the three back in the day, is really loud now. She is the only one left and she is a torti.
She is mostly an outdoor cat now.
But as soon as she hears the van pull up or I call "keykeykeykeeeeey" she comes out of nowhere and talks and talks and then plops down for a belly rub. Lol

Aww! Most of the female cats I've known have been pretty quiet (with the exception of an ornery Siamese, and I LOVE Siamese for so many reasons - chattiness being one of them), but I'm glad Kismet is as chatty as she is. The males I've met on the other hand are LOOOOUUUD.

My boyfriend has no idea where his cat's name Mo came from. I assume the person who gifted him to him named him. We brainstormed some names and whittled it down to either Kismet or Pixel for a female, and Ren for a male. I said Pixel is more of a name for a splotchy cat (pixelated, get it? aah? *nudge* aaah? I thought it was clever :p), like a calico I was interested in, where as a more set/defined colour pattern like our tabby kitty allowed Kismet to fit better. It means fate/destiny, but I think we got the name from a goddess.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girl cat Lil' Jag is a motor mouth and a Persian cross. And onery on occassion.

Our other motor mouth is her nemesis Fang - he's a real chatterbox and a plain dsh.

One of our RB cats - Dancing Bear - was also a chatterbox. One can almost think he was saying "NOW" when he was talking.

beenaners

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haha, my Balinese is a real chatterbox too and we swear he can say "mom" and "no".  He certainly can't ever be ignored!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

themeowsercrew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
boy I was getting motor mouth city this morning I guess I was being told yeepppee for no wind this morning
lol @ my furry children of mischief
:clap: :clap: :lol3: :lol3: :D :D :D