kitty investigation!

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would love to hear your opinions about my kitties! This shows their different coats.

Now here's the descriptions. The beige cat is long, thin, has super short fur, has a beige marble coat. I took him to the vet & got so many comments on him, they've never seen a cat with a coat that color before. I haven't either. His eyes are a very light green. His ears are tall & his face kind of comes to a point, like a triangle.

The brown tabby has stripes all down the front of her legs & spots along her back coat. I have never felt a cat like her before & I have been around many cats! Her coat feels very thick, she's super soft & terribly light. She leaps & bounds with no effort it seems. She has golden amber eyes that are very round.

The last one I would think is a DSH. I have seen coloring like hers before on many other cats. The thing about her though is her fur is very thin. I feel her body more than her fur when I pick her up. She is vocal & has almond shaped eyes.

I can't think of anything else that might be helpful. Any websites, links, info would be appreciated. I wish there were cat dna places like there are for dogs. I would really like some answers! Thanks for looking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh the boy is also pretty good size, he is at least 12" from floor to back & about 17" long from butt to head.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Wow what beautiful kitties :D

The beige one is actually a blue classic tabby ;) She is just a really and I mean really warm shade of blue that's showing off her beige/apricot background color fantastically :clap:

Blue tabbies can be any shade of blue from a warmer light blue shade with the beige/apricot background color. To a colder dark blue shade with almost white background color.

I must admit that I have never seen a blue with such a warmer shade as yours.

The brown and white one is a brown classic tabby and white
and the all brown one is a brown broken mackerel tabby ;)

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reply! Now I will go & research those. It's weird hearing a blue tabby, I would expect a smurf cat with that description.

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

here's a picture when he was just a baby

here is another one showing his beautiful coat

The people that have seen him & interacted with him has told me they have never seen a color of a cat like that. I haven't. He is so soft, his fur is so short, he's my cat man!

lorelaibella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The light one in the bottom picture looks part ocicat or Abyssinian. Perhaps a tabby mix with one of those breeds.