Kitten With Odd Features

Shaeshae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm new here but I'm curious as to what others think. I got my kitten, she was described as an all black female; turns out she's not all black but has orange and white mixed in her fur. She has stripes and spots. I have attached a few photos but would love to know what kind of demostic cat has these unique features!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'm new here but I'm curious as to what others think. I got my kitten, she was described as an all black female; turns out she's not all black but has orange and white mixed in her fur. She has stripes and spots. I have attached a few photos but would love to know what kind of demostic cat has these unique features!
I don't know it it's my screen, but she looks solid chocolate brown, which would make her a Havana Brown lookalike. The white hairs might be the reminants of a fever coat (the result of the mother having an infection while pregnant). Your kitten is very cute for sure!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
From the description, I though she was a tortie with white, and probably a tabby - ie a torbie with white.

BUT looking at the pics I agree with Abyeb, she is chocolate brown (as with Havana Brown). I dont see these stripes nor spots, so I presume these are so called ghost stripes. As is quite common in solid colored cats. These will probably be less visible when she gets older.

I agree, you did got yourself a georgious sweetie, in a less common color nuance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shaeshae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The pictures you can't see the stripes. I'll try to get a better one. She is brown in the face with orangeish stripes and orange patches at the base of her ears. If you see her and don't really look at her she appears all black with the white stray hairs. (I didn't know having an infection while pregnant caused that!) She's also very small, the person I got her from defiantly gave her up too young. However, I'm giving her kitten milk and soft foods. She's the smallest 6 week kitten I've ever handled and has very skinny tail and legs. She's just very unique. So I officially named her koko catori (night spirit in native american). She's so loveable and has to be by my side or she freaks out. I just am use to more independent kittens.