kitten vs rat

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess there are somethings all cats have in common.I went outside to check on the kittens-5 weeks- because it was thundering and lightning.One of the kittens had a big rat in it's mouth.I pulled on the rat's tail but the kitten would not let him go so I picked the cat up and there was a big flash of lightning.Kinda freaky to be holding a rat's tail at the same time.That made the kitten drop him so I threw it in the trash.What an exciting night.Once in a lifetime chance. I hope he didn't eat any

Sorry!no pics

Laura

brendan2282

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not something you want to happen too frequently!  My cats (Max & Phoebe) are pretty much indoor cats but we used to have a cat who brought home lots of critters from the fields.  My wife's "favorite" was a family of baby mice.  Yup, all 6 of them.  Somehow the cat got them all bundled together and brought them to our back door.  They were each about 1".  We actually tried to nurse them and had them for about 1 week, but they didn't survive.  These little animals certainly bring us surprises, don't they?!?