Kitten Playing to Rough

caliprincess

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I brought a stray kitten into my home and I also have two other kittens from my cats litter. The stray plays really rough! And I can tell that my female kitten does not enjoy it and sometimes it annoys the other kitten as well. I don't want to break his spirit, especially since he's finally joining in the fun with the other kittens, instead of just watching. He even gets our 1 y/o cat to play with him, any advice on how I can get him to play more gentle?

distol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
what i did with my kittens when they played rough was to stop them with a firm hand (not hitting, just restraining) and a firm NO! it took a little while, but they eventually got the message.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um not to ask an off topic question here but did you have the stray tested before letting it near your cat's litter? Unless they are vaccinated, but be careful if not.

For your question, how old are the kittens? Just say no in a firm voice and maybe seperate them if necessary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caliprincess

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He actually has his own litter box, since he refused to use anything but soil right now, and he has been to the vet. The two kittens that my cat had are 15 weeks and the one I found I believe to be around 17 weeks. Which I'm just guessing that since he's a little taller then the other kittens and his eye color was done changing while my kittens were still changing. I was to worried about making sure the kitten was healthy to remember to ask the vet how old she thought he was. But he's going in to get fixed soon, so maybe I can get their oppinion.

Telling him no would give him the idea he's in trouble for playing would it? I think he scratched one of the other kittens around his eye so it looks like another vet trip.