Kitten has several lumps and sores

cpignatelli

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I was hoping someone might have some insight into a problem my kitten is having. He is a Abyssinian boy about 18 weeks old and has been the picture of health since we got him. However, just today I notice several lumps and sores on him. 3 of the lumps are small and one is quite a bit larger. The large one is a firm lump with a few red sores on top. The smaller ones are a small lump with a single red sore on top. He has one on his face below the eye, one on top of his head and two on his back by the shoulder blades. They've all show up in the last day or two. I already took him to the vet and she was somewhat stumped. She gave him some antibiotics and said to keep an eye on him for the next 24 hours. They don't seem to bother him and he hasn't lost his appetite. He is an indoor kitten only and we do not have any other pets. Our vet mentioned warbles (larva of the bot fly) as a posibility, but I don't know where our kitten would have gotten them. Any thoughts?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, I don't have any advice - have you tried doing a search of this site? Maybe one of the old threads will yield some insights for you.

I hope things clear up very soon. Please let us know how it goes.