Kitten 4 months problem

faolteam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all i hope i am in right area here is my query,
I have a 4 month old ginger kitten who when we got him was kept mostly out the back in the garden with his brothers and sisters,

when we got him he was about 8 weeks old there was a cat who used to come in from next door and we used to feed him does he feel threatened? and we kept him in till he got his vaccinations in fact we have kept him in till he was neutered and he is rather a energetic Kitten,

We brought him to the vet but the vet has said he would not neuter him till he is 5 months ,

my problem is that shortly after we got him he was peeing in his box and around the house and any were that was comfy like a bed and one day on a holdall bag and then went back again to do it , even though we have litter tray, we kept him in a carrier cage at night and he piddled in that too, i can understand this because he could not get out to his litter tray

the other day i left him in the bathroom and he pood in the sink what am i doing worng i just didnt want to let him out in the garden yet till he was neutered as there is a lot of kittens and cats in the area maybe im being over protective also is there a problem if u use a cheap cat litter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faolteam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
the vet assured me he does not have a urinary tract infection.

hes just been a kitten, so any advice would be appreciated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faolteam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it doesnt happen everyday , just now and again and i thought it was that he was marking his terriority cause he had seen cats in the garden
and wants to get out in the garden

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the vet just tell you this (about the UTI) or assumed cause he's a kitten he doesn't have it. He should be examined and tested. While its rare, kittens could get UTI's - even at 4 months.