Keeping kitten food away from adult cat

jade14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
People with multiple cats...how do you keep your adult cat from eating the kitten food??
My adult cat is 5 years old. We keep his food on a little feeding station stand my husband made to keep it away from the dog. Works great. I recently got a (approximate) 6 week old kitten last week. (Yes I realize this is too young but I work at a vet and they were brought in from a group that we work with who spay and neuter feral cats, they didn't have a mother).
Right now she sleeps in a XL wire dog crate. It works great. She has her bed, play area, litter box & food. However every time the door is open and she is out the other cat gets in. We can close the door but then her litter box is in there. Right now we take her out for play time and exploring and then she goes back in to eat and nap. My plan is when she is bigger build her another feeding station...but then I imagine they will steal each other's food?? This is what I worried about before adding another cat 😂 I can't have my boy getting fat.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! I'm thinking that you'll be able to put them both on an All Life Stages food in the near future...