just introduced Raw

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed the sardines, eggs, and crickets as snacks, once a week each. Whether you do the same, or double the fish and make it a meal is completely up to you. I've seen nothing to indicate that either way is unacceptable, and the cool thing about PMR feeding is its flexibility to fit into just about any person's schedule, resources, etc.

The supplements decision also has to be a personal one. We don't have enough info to say conclusively what absolutely is and isn't needed, but most folks don't supplement prey model and whole prey diets and do supplement ground diets, simply due to the extra processing to which ground diets are subjected.

Either way, your cats will reap a wide range of benefits. 

AC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wilson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so I am feeding the Rabbit, Chicken and Elk, though Shadow will not touch the Elk unless I sprinkle with parmesan, but she doesnt eat all of it, soooo Im wondering the next bag of patties I buy im not sure which I should get Beef, or turkey? It seems like I should be giving more red meat right?  I rotate the foods chicken for two days, rabbit for two, elk for two, then all over again. So this is why I want to add another one, will probably not buy elk again.  Plus they get sardines once or twice a week.  I may try another raw too that I just found http://www.3pnaturals.com/products/basic-instincts-varieties

It seems that with the Carnivora some of the bone is not ground enough, so Wilson just eats around it, im sure he gets some, but not all of the bone.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's probably actually good that he leaves a little bone. In the whole ground prey foods, the bone content tends to be a little high. :)

Actually think of rabbit as a red meat. In my cat that has an issue with red meats, he has the same issue with rabbit, and its calorie content is closer to that of lamb than chicken. :lol3:

As to the new food, I think rotating brands is always a good idea if you've found something you like! :clap: :clap: :clap: