Just a question or two.....

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My beautiful Diddo is now about 4 and 1/2 months old. I noticed that all of a sudden, KittenKiya, who has completly ignored Diddo from the day she came into the house, is beginning to follow her around, checking out her little behind.

I called the vet, and she does not seem to think that Diddo is beginning to come into heat. I know Diddo is not sick, no infections, eats like a horse, no worms or fleas, but I am thinking that she IS starting to come into heat.

The vet suggested that I wait until Diddo is five months old, and I understand that the older she is, the "easier" the anesthesia will be on her and she will probably heal faster......but..... I don't want Diddo coming into heat at all.

Any suggestions? ideas? Other behaviors I should look for? (it has been 10 years since I had a cat that was not spayed or neutered)

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would trust KittenKiya to know better than a vet who has not seen Diddo, to know what is going on with her! Try to push to have her spayed now, why wait two more weeks?

I don't know what the fascination is with vets to wait until kittens are 6 months old! The studies done on 8-12 week old kittens shows they do just fine. How many people on the pregnant cat board are there just because they didn't do a spay right on schedule??? If you have from age 2 to 4 months, I think you are more likely to have the cat spayed or neutered before they begin procreating, than waiting until 6 months or later.

Thanks for listening to my rant. You are a wise owner to spay and neuter all kitties!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the continuing saga of is she or isn't she coming into heat.....Pete has now started to piddle all over the place. He piddled on the chair, and when I put a wodden server on the chair, he piddled on that. I am ready to make Pete stew, no kidding. Would a small female (Diddo) coming into heat for the first time, cause a neutered male (Pete) to piddle?????