Job interview today

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
anyone else job hunting want to commiserate?

I had another interview today, to set up the day: I mistakenly set up the interview for the same day as our staff end of year party -not a biggee but I have to pick up food for the party on my way to work etc. Anyways, so I go to pick up these pizza's for the party all dressed up with my dress flapping in the wind as I load the car etc. then rush over to the party, all is well and good the party is about to break up and I figure I can make my get away to this interview.... and then one of the men I work for decides he wants to play "Name that tune " on his harmonica ten minutes before I have to leave. I kid you not. Of course i could have said "I gotta go now" but for some reason DIDN'T (I won the game by the way... I got "Theme from Close Encounters" And the theme from "Gilligans Island" to win. ) Luckily he leaves just in time and I rush to the interview. I thought I did fine, I don't know, it's always hard to tell.

Now I wait....

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you did just fine!!!

Whew! I was worried at first, thinking you were going to say that you missed your interview!!! hehe!!!

Let us know whatcha find out!!!

awliston

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am in the process of finishing three class in order to apply for my Paraprofessional certificate so I can become a certified teacher's aide in the county I live in. I completed one class a month ago, tonight was the last class for the second and I have two more classes in the third. However; tonight the Asst. Superintendent came to tell us that we won't be given credit for the classes until after the first summer session of college is over. We will be getting college credit for them through the college in our town. This means that when the openings for next year are posted beginning in June, I won't be able to apply for them because technically even though the classes will be over, I won't have the credit for them until late June and can't apply for my PPC until then. So, I may have to be a substitute again next year! Bummer!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaceyDF

I'm sure you did just fine!!!

Whew! I was worried at first, thinking you were going to say that you missed your interview!!! hehe!!!

Let us know whatcha find out!!!
No, I wouldn't miss it altogether, but I laugh how close it came for my *clean* getaway!