Jerry 5 months

jerry05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, can you help us to figure out what breed our kitten Jerry is please. The lady we bought him from told us that he is a British shorthair but he is not muscular or chunky. He is now almost 5 months old. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He doesnt looks much alike a typical British shorthair.  But not all do.  My sister in law and her husband do have a semi-rescued british female - an adult purebred with papers and all, taken from a breeder.   she was supposed to be one of his breeding queens, but  the other cats werent friendly to her.   NOW when alone cat, she has it nice and well, has bloomed.    She  isnt very british looking either...

How  reliable was that lady?   Did you payed as for a purebred, although without papers, or did you payed a rather symbolic fee for a healthy moggie?  Courteously labelled as British shorthair....

I would like a good photo on his side, stretched out, to see exactly what pattern he does carry - may it be even spotted?

Also, the fur, it looks as some sort of smoke...

Im confused.   Anyways, its not the most common run of the mill, so to speak.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jerry05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, thank you for such a quick reply. Yes we bought him as a British shorthair, both parents are British shorthair. Only his mum has papers. We saw both his parents, they have British shorthair's face but not chunky either. I will attach the 'advert' for Jerry on here. He is starting to show some spots now yes. No spots when we first got him at 13 weeks plus. I will also attach pics of him when we first got him. And pics from the advert.

as you can see it's hard to keep him still lol. Very active and playful boy. Here's some from when we just got him

Thank you again :)

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, I see, snow spot.  When I look at the pics on internet, I recognize his fur.  Here we have the explanation of the unusaual fur looks.  

Tabby is dominant, so the child will  get the same pattern.  Here the color somewhat blue reinforced through his blue dad.    The spots are pet quality, but the mom was perhaps no champion spot quality she either.

Seems legit, as long as you are happy with a pet quality, without any ambitions to make a show carrier nor be used for breeding.

As a friend at home he seems excellent.  Being of a somewhat slender type than the show-variation heavyset British, he will be surely more mobile, agile, have easier to jump up, and play long hours if you so wish.

A win situation for all involved.   :)

jerry05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi thank you. I was wondering if he would grow muscular as he matures. Thought maybe he might be a late bloomer? We were just at the vet yesterday for a check up as we are due to neuter him soon, and he weighs 2.92kg :) he is growing well according to the vet. And you are right he is very agile always climbing up shelves and cupboards getting himself into trouble. Initially when we got him we thought he takes after their family dogs as he chews and licks things and fetch his toys when we throw them hehe... We love him really :) wouldn't be without him.
May I see a picture of your sister in law's cat please?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi thank you. I was wondering if he would grow muscular as he matures. Thought maybe he might be a late bloomer? We were just at the vet yesterday for a check up as we are due to neuter him soon, and he weighs 2.92kg
he is growing well according to the vet. And you are right he is very agile always climbing up shelves and cupboards getting himself into trouble. Initially when we got him we thought he takes after their family dogs as he chews and licks things and fetch his toys when we throw them hehe... We love him really
wouldn't be without him.
May I see a picture of your sister in law's cat please?
I dont have it at hand for this moment, I shall try to get it.

jerry05

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's gorgeous :)