"Jen pop-up"

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately when I have been coming to TCS in my Favorites the site nursemania.com has been adding itself and it ONLY happens when I come here.. Mum doesn't want me visiting this site because of that

Sam.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sam, are you using Windows? Go in and delete all of your cookies and see if that helps. Go into your Control Panel, click the Internet Options (or Network and Internet Connections, then Internet Options). On the General Tab, there is a section called "Temporary Internet Files, and a button Delete Cookies. Click that. Actually, use those buttons to delete all of the temporary internet files. You will have to re-enter some log-in information at some sites, but if it gets rid of that junk then it's worth it.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing everyone can do is download the "spyware search and destroy" program. it's a free program that can be downloaded from Cnet.com downloads or ZDnet.com downloads.

Since I have been using that to clean my computer I get a lot less to almost none of the filthy e-mails. I have Internet Securties that blocks Pop-ups so I hardly ever get one. Cleaning the cookies cache and the temp files is also a good way to get rid of those pesky boogers.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do any of you get popups that come with XP? The gray ones that say stop pop ups?
I know these are annoying - a messageboard that hubby goes to posted this:

Disabling Popup Messenger Service in Windows XP

Recently a tool has become available that makes it very easy to send SPAM and other messages directly to some Windows computer in the form of a "Messenger Service" Pop-up message.

Disabling this service in no way changes the functioning of MSN Instant Messenger.

To disable it in Windows XP:

1) Click on the "Start" button.
2) Right-Click on "My Computer"
3) Choose "Manage" from the menu that appears.
4) In the left column Highlight "Services and Applications"
5) In the right column Double-Click on "Services".
6) Double-Click on the service called "Messenger".
7) Click the "Stop" button to stop the service.
8) Change the "Startup Type:" to "Manual"
9) Click "Apply".
10) Click "OK".
11) Close "Computer Management"

systemxpert

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't stand pop-ups. Its one of the reasons why I run my business site on Pair Networks. Pair does not allow pop-ups.

Email is another story. Its seems like every day another young girl turns 18 and wants me to check out her webcam.

The only humor I find in nasty email ads is that I get the ones for breast enlargement and my wife gets the ones for penile enlargement.

Seriously though, some ISPs now have blocking options on the incoming email. Pair networks has a filter where you can automatically reject email coming from certain ip addresses.