Jeepers you guys are experts! What kind of kitty might I be?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenn812

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As you can see, your Kirby looks like my Speedboat's twin. My kitty is gone now, and seeing your picture brought back some memories. He is beautiful.
Awww I'm sorry to hear about your kitty! They leave imprints on our hearts forever! 

Thanks for the compliment! Kirby is a handsome guy!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Awww he is a beautiful looking cat ! :rbheart:

He has a bit of a Maine coon look about him. His size, boxy muzzle and tall ears all look right for a Maine coon.
He might not be but he certainly makes a good look a like. ;)

Last edited:

jenn812

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww he is a beautiful looking cat ! :rbheart:

He has a bit of a Maine coon look about him. His size, boxy muzzle and tall ears all look right for a Maine coon.
He might not be but he certainly makes a good look a like. ;)
Thanks!

That's what we were thinking...he looks a bit Maine coon like. I also saw an orange Norwegian forest cat that could be his twin!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thanks!

That's what we were thinking...he looks a bit Maine coon like. I also saw an orange Norwegian forest cat that could be his twin!
Norwegians have a straight profile. Meaning when viewed from the side they don't have a dip from the top of their head to the end of their nose. A bit like a roman nose or like a horses face. They also have more of a pointy muzzle than a Maine coon

jenn812

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've kind of thought he looked a little like a Siberian as well.  Who knows where our mixed bag of tricks boys come from!

armina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awww he is a beautiful looking cat !

He might not be but he certainly makes a good look a like.
 He definitely has some Maine Coon mixed into him. All of your kitties are stunning. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Norwegians have a straight profile. Meaning when viewed from the side they don't have a dip from the top of their head to the end of their nose. A bit like a roman nose or like a horses face. They also have more of a pointy muzzle than a Maine coon
Yes, and the total impression is usually of a triangular face.   Its not always clear cut, I have seen pics of pure breed MCO who were almost NFC look-alikes, but usually you dont need to hesitate much "this is a NFC, or at least, a look alike".

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My jasper is so big I think he may be a breed?
If he is big, visibly bigger and heavier than the average longhaired moggie, yes you may suspect there is some big boned breed in him.   If you live in the USA the  Maine Coon is the most near to suspect.

Especielly, the Maine Coon were purebred from a natural cat population in the North East USA.   And this natural cat population is still out there...   This explains why there are so many Maine coon look alikes.

So, Jasper may be a direct descendant from these natural cousins to Maine Coon,  OR he may have a purebred MCO among his near ancestors.  We cant know.

Good luck!

sarah2cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in Wales in UK. Was interesting reading this. Thank you x