Jasper and food?

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Jasper is a BIG eater. He's always hungry. So this morning I thought it was weird when he didn't rush to get breakfast but didn't think TOO much of it.

Then he puked up some bile.

I tried to get him to eat again, he shunned the food. He even shunned some tiki cat wet treats that he normally loves.

The only thing he seems happy to eat is some of the wellness kittle dry treats that he loves. He ate like two palmfulls but I don't want to give him too much since they are treats.

His nose is going back and forth between cold and wet and semi dry. His ears are slightly warm but not so warm that I think he has a fever.

He was growly earlier, but his mood has seemingly improved. No more grouchypants - just normal grouch.

He's not lethargic, but he's not playing with the kitten or Milo like he usually does and half assed it earlier when I tried to get him to play with the feather. He's still jumping all over things though and I poked his stomach, which he didn't seem to care that I did - so I doubt he's in pain there. His litter box looks okay, too. Doesn't seem to be anything alarming in it.

Vet is closed for the holiday and I swear my animals time emergencies for when I can't get them to the vet.

He IS trying to chew on the fake tree, which I keep stopping him from doing and a moment ago he seemed to be harassing me for food but when I put his dry food down, he snubbed it. Since puking up some bile earlier this morning, he hasn't spit anything else up though.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm kind of nervous just because of the inability to get him to the vet

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably trying to cough up a hairball. Can be normal to be off their food for a bit when they are working on it. See how he does with food tomorrow before getting too concerned. Also try a little tuna juice. The oils in it can sometimes help a hairball pass.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If this keeps up through the weekend, get him in FIRST THING on Monday morning. Also, check for emergency clinics in your area if he become significantly worse before then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
If this keeps up through the weekend, get him in FIRST THING on Monday morning. Also, check for emergency clinics in your area if he become significantly worse before then.
I hate where I live, legit no close by emergency clinics. We'd have to drive for hours to get to one =( and honestly I'm afraid he'd panic himself to death if we did that. When we drove to shreveport after the hurricane, he was a nervous wreck for days. Absolutely terrified.

THANKFULLY He seems to be eating today, even if it was only a lil and he showed interest in the food!

1640438548248.png

Nice Loki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any chance he ate something that he shouldn't have?

I'm thinking string off a present or bauble, tinsel or similar.
Or maybe he ate a mouse that didn't agree with him?

Does he go outside? Could he have gotten into a fight or injured himself in another way (landing awkwardly for example).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Super Cat
Purraise
Does he go outside? Could he have gotten into a fight or injured himself in another way (landing awkwardly for example).
Hey! sorry i never replied, no all my cats are inside cats.

Jasper seems to have kicked the bug that he had.

Mia is now the one sneezing. She's also spitting up and spit up darkish yellow bile - but I feel like I saw her eating just a bit ago. Her left eye has been tearing up bad the past few days too.

Her ears have been cool though so I don't think she has a fever. Vets closed until tomorrow, I think.