It's More Healthy To Have Inside Cats!!

xastion

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also agree that it really depends on both the cat and where you live.

I live between a very large park and a very busy downtown. I know if the city employees catch cats or any stray animals then they are going to get rid of them one way or another. I know where I live it would create a very short lifespan for my cats between the heavy traffic and the people who are growing increasingly angered at the outdoor cat situation. Where I live I sign an agreement saying I am going to keep my cats indoors.

I think if you had a large outdoor enclosure that would be great for a cat. As for roaming free though...I don't like that for several reasons - unwanted pregnanies, cruel kids, wild animals that will attack them and that they will attack. I understand that it is a natural instinct for a cat to hunt but I am also a strong believer in the balance of nature which every passing day sees a greater decrease of. People have a bad habit of acting without thinking what it is doing to the ecosystem. Having an over abundance of predators in comparison to prey has a tendancy of slowly but surely messing up this delicate balance.

Now this could go into a debate, because there are many things messing up the ecosystem, but that's my reasons. I won't condemn anyone or lecture to anyone who prefers to have outdoor cats. Not what I believe in. As long as they are thoughtful to the cat, and as long as they are not doing something outrageously terrible to either the environment or the cat I believe its your cat, your responsibility, your conscience.