Is this ok for a raw diet?

howldaloom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im having alot of problems with comcercial food atm so im considering all my options including feeding raw diet.

Unfortunatly im on a very low income and cannot afford alot to feed them a month. £20 a month or $33.

My local pet shop has many ground meats by prize choice such as beef, lamb, rabbit, chicken and liver, white fish and tripe.

I was thinking of putting them on this and adding powdered egg shell and taurine. maby a taste of beef heart and liver once a week. Maby a chicken wing once a week if they will eat it as they are very fussy on boned foods.

Would this be ok to feed them on?

kimb00p

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about raw diet, but I do know that it is hard for cats to digest beef.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Howldaloom

Im having alot of problems with comcercial food atm so im considering all my options including feeding raw diet.

Unfortunatly im on a very low income and cannot afford alot to feed them a month. £20 a month or $33.

My local pet shop has many ground meats by prize choice such as beef, lamb, rabbit, chicken and liver, white fish and tripe.

I was thinking of putting them on this and adding powdered egg shell and taurine. maby a taste of beef heart and liver once a week. Maby a chicken wing once a week if they will eat it as they are very fussy on boned foods.

Would this be ok to feed them on?
As long as you follow the 80% meat, 10% bone, 5% liver, 5% other secreting organ guideline (often abbreviated as the 80/10/5/5 rule), feeding a diet of beef, lamb, rabbit and chicken is acceptable.

See these threads for more specific information: Natural Diet Information Resources and What Does Your Menu Look Like?.

Originally Posted by Kimb00p

I don't know much about raw diet, but I do know that it is hard for cats to digest beef.
This isn't quite accurate. Some cats don't like beef, and it's a tougher meat than chicken or rabbit (so you have to start with smaller pieces until the cat is accustomed to chewing its food), but it's digestibility is comparable to that of any other prey animal.

Best regards!

AC