Is This Kitten Purebred ?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
A cat would need papers to be a purebred, so that kitten, although adorable, would be a Domestic Shorthair. Brown mackeral tabby and white, would be the color. It will be interesting to see how he grows and develops, he might grow into his ears, but if not, then we might consider some Oriental influence.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Andriana papadopoulou

Jack & Spock
Young Cat
Purraise
A cat would need papers to be a purebred, so that kitten, although adorable, would be a Domestic Shorthair. Brown mackeral tabby and white, would be the color. It will be interesting to see how he grows and develops, he might grow into his ears, but if not, then we might consider some Oriental influence.
I always laugh at his ears there are bigger than its head but hes a sweetie always playing i love him already his name is Spock !

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He will probably grow into these ears. But if not, what breeds are renown for their big ears?

Im thinking at this moment on the modern siamese and its sibling breed the modern orientale.

And also the rex cousin breeds: the Cornish rex and the Devon rex.

Of these, siamese, orientale and cornish has prolonged muzzle and slender bodies. Its only the devon whom has a rather short muzzle and a rather stocky body.

So a guess could be he has perhaps a Devon Rex granddad, with his body shape and face shape. If I may have any opinion, I think he is much sweeter than most Devons whom could have been a model for Gremlins, body-wise. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Andriana papadopoulou

Jack & Spock
Young Cat
Purraise
He will probably grow into these ears. But if not, what breeds are renown for their big ears?

Im thinking at this moment on the modern siamese and its sibling breed the modern orientale.

And also the rex cousin breeds: the Cornish rex and the Devon rex.

Of these, siamese, orientale and cornish has prolonged muzzle and slender bodies. Its only the devon whom has a rather short muzzle and a rather stocky body.

So a guess could be he has perhaps a Devon Rex granddad, with his body shape and face shape. If I may have any opinion, I think he is much sweeter than most Devons whom could have been a model for Gremlins, body-wise. :)
Thank you for helping !! Hes one handsome dude ! i ll keep posting pics of him !