Is this her mucus plug/Cat just gave birth

myow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hii everyone !
my names aisha and I’m 13 caring for our pregnant cat. She is nearly 2 years old and this is her second pregnancy. It was deffodifferent to her first since itwas much smaller. Last time she had about 4 kittens (5 with one still born:sigh:) but they all grey up fine and healthy and her birth then was simple.
this pregnancy I think is a littleharder for her since she looks much bigger and she wants me to pet her a lot now , so I usually stay up Untill about 3 am sitting in the shower to pet her 😂 , ( she never usually lets people pet her too )
Onto the main topic , yesterday she was under our couch and I was looking for her when I smelled SOEMTHING in the room , it smelled very fishy , when she came out , her ladies area was a little bloody , could that be her mucus plug ? Also today some more green/ yellow goo came out of her. But she didn’t clean it so I did. I’ll show what it looked like so beware !
image.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looks like it could be her mucus plug. She is getting close to her labor.

Do you plan to spay your cat after this litter weans? It is not healthy for her to have litter after litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks like it could be her mucus plug. She is getting close to her labor.

Do you plan to spay your cat after this litter weans? It is not healthy for her to have litter after litter.
yes 100%, we was going to before but found out she was pregnant again so we had to cancel that. How long Untill you think she’d give birth ? I can feel a baby down the legs part. Above her ladies area

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could be any day now or a day or two. Be patient!

Do not let her outside now until she is spayed or she will get pregnant again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone , my cat gave birth to 6 beautiful babies. THEUR all huge and plump drinking well but two of them is MUCHH smaller is this normal please ?? I’ll try to take a photo later , since their all drinking atm.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, a runt or two is common in a large litter. Six kittens is a lot. Weigh the kittens daily and keep a log. If the runts do not gain 6-10 grams or more per day, you’ll need to supplement with formula.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello everyone , my cat gave birth to 6 beautiful babies. THEUR all huge and plump drinking well but two of them is MUCHH smaller is this normal please ?? I’ll try to take a photo later , since their all drinking atm.
it is surely normal, but you must act extra on them. What are they weighting currently? and what gains do they have daily?? Ie you must weight them...

Also, rotating may be wise: the 2 smallest on, biggies sleeping midday... After the smallest are satisfied, they can sleep midday, and biggies get momma...

Because there will surely be some fighting and wrestling, and the smallest have difficulties with such...

ps. If the smallest dont gain, you must be prepared to handfeed them. at least for a while.