Is this cat a ragdoll or a birman?

christienz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

This is my old neighbour's cat, and she used to be really friendly and always come into my house and play with me. Now it's been 2 years since I moved to a different place, but I still miss her and think of her time to time. 

I'm planning to get my own cat next year and I'm really curious what kind of cat she is. My friends had a look at the photos and some of them say she looks like ragdoll, and some say she's birman. If anyone could explain how to tell the difference and share your opinions, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im not expert on them, but for a layman, the biggest difference is, Birmans have white socks.  But Ragdolls usually not.  Its just if a ragdolls carries white is "mitted", it may have white socks / paws too...

So birmans are probably mitted, but they are never ever called for mitted....   :)

She here has the socks, she has also a white collar.   Mitted?  Nay, Im not sure the collar is white for real, its too exact around.   I suspect its just some play with light or something alike, ie no true white spot....

If my  interpretation is correct, she should be a birman, or at least, a birman look alike.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

christienz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply, it helped a lot. :)