Is this a Serval or a Savannah mix? Please help!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very nice, but I guess he is domestic however spots.     Spotted tabby with white, 

spotted tabbies arent the most common, but not totally unique.  I myself saw one in my neigbours garden.  Apparently some of my neigbours must have a spotted tabby, whom usually stays at home, but sometimes they let him out - my wife saw him too at another occasion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

the meow factor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah true. Regardless I hope to adopt him soon. Haha, they are quixotic and spunky. Which leads to my dilemma. Still trying to solve the apartment window issue that I have with being on the ninth floor and requiring something sturdy enough to keep the cats from pushing out the screen. :(

the meow factor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello - 

What is the ancestry of my cat, could he have Egyptian Mau?

My cat, Zukas, is rather unique in regards to his markings for being a shorthair. His jumping abilities are top notch, he has a snobby personality, quite athletic and yet is quite loving. Not much of a lap cat though and not too fond of being held either. He is five months old. His hair is also extremely short, shorter than most cats that I have interacted with in the past. I am wondering what he might have in him given the combination of those eyes, the markings and his ears. Could anybody provide me with any leads? I was wondering if he might have a little Egyptian Mau in him or something else.

Thank you for any help that the community is able to provide. 

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
we need a good pic from aside, showing his side and back!

the meow factor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will take a shot and post it soon. Thank you. 

the meow factor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here are some side shots. 

Personality traits that also favour an Egyptian Mau heritage: 

- attachment to one family member, shy towards others 

- gentle and reserved

- exercises hard and eats a lot

- snobby toward other cats

- only a kitten but very intelligent compared to his peers at the shelter

- has a chortle meow at times in instances such as coming home from work after an entire day

the meow factor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I see 100+ views. Does anybody have an answer? :/ I would really like to know. :D

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IDK... a mixed breed is mixed breed... As much as I even try to figure out with my own what kind of cats they are - they still are not pure breed.  Our old Siamese was like that... I know her momma wasn't a siamese, so there is no way she could have been full siamese - no matter how well she looked the part.  But she was super special because of the mix she was (not as vocal as siamese) So, what I see is a beautiful cat!  I just had to comment that I might be some of the view because your thread keep popping up in my subscriptions so I keep coming back in to see what anyone else has said.