Is This A Brown Tabby Or Mixed

AaayJaay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has different shades of color from silver, brown, black, white and orange. & Her patterns match to those of a main coon as well as the black tips on her ears. Or is she just some sort of tabby? Thanks!
20170813_174052.jpg
20170813_173633.jpg
20170813_173559.jpg
20170813_174003.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She's very pretty! Tabby is a coat marking, not a breed in itself, so your kitty's color description would be brown tabby (in the classic or "bullseye" tabby pattern) and white Domestic Shorthair. 95% of cats are Domestic Short, Medium, or Longhair, meaning that most cats have had generations of mixed ancestry. That lovely pattern your girl has is seen in many different breeds of cats, not just Maine Coon, and your baby doesn't look to me like she has a Maine Coon head type/ body, and Maine Coons are longhaired cats (although, for accuracy's sake, they can have shorthaired descendants because longhair is a recessive trait).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AaayJaay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's very pretty! Tabby is a coat marking, not a breed in itself, so your kitty's color description would be brown tabby (in the classic or "bullseye" tabby pattern) and white Domestic Shorthair. 95% of cats are Domestic Short, Medium, or Longhair, meaning that most cats have had generations of mixed ancestry. That lovely pattern your girl has is seen in many different breeds of cats, not just Maine Coon, and your baby doesn't look to me like she has a Maine Coon head type/ body, and Maine Coons are longhaired cats (although, for accuracy's sake, they can have shorthaired descendants because longhair is a recessive trait).
cool thanks, adopted her a few days ago and was just curious on what she might be

AaayJaay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
any idea on how big she might grow

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How old is she and how much does she weigh now?

AaayJaay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
according to the shelter shes 3 months old and weights less than a pound

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
according to the shelter shes 3 months old and weights less than a pound
So she's really on the small side of things. It's hard to know for sure at this age, as her growth rate might change, but if she continues on this trend, I think she'll probably weigh less than eight pounds as an adult.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
One of my shelter kittens was very underweight some don't do well in a shelter.
I could see that- especially if the food the cats are getting isn't the most appetizing for them. I don't think this kitty looks underweight though- I can't see her ribs

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I could see that- especially if the food the cats are getting isn't the most appetizing for them. I don't think this kitty looks underweight though- I can't see her ribs
Mercy was underweight and grew but only to 7.5 lbs. But as the vet said she is a healthy weight for her size.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, there is even some kitten roundness, so this kitten isnt undernourished. She will prob be rather petite as adult. Which is quite common esp for females.

and yes, the classic tabby is also called for marbled tabby. kittens mom kittens mom .

The coloring game here somewhat less usual, probably because her hairs are silvery tipped. Which is a nice extra. :)

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, there is even some kitten roundness, so this kitten isnt undernourished. She will prob be rather petite as adult. Which is quite common esp for females.

and yes, the classic tabby is also called for marbled tabby. kittens mom kittens mom .

The coloring game here somewhat less usual, probably because her hairs are silvery tipped. Which is a nice extra. :)
Many shelters feed pet food with a high grain content due to budget constraints. It is not necessarily the best food for optimum health or growth. It might make them round.

AaayJaay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
question... any thoughts on why my kitten is sneezing every few minutes and been having diarrhea for the past day? she's been following me around everywhere meowing. her meow sounds really weak and raspy too should i be worried? or will it go away?

AaayJaay94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She may have an URI common in kittens coming from shelters. Do you have a veterinary voucher many shelters offer some free care for a short time after adoption.
i think they did let me go through the papers

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Taking her to the vet is best option, because It is the only way of being sure everything is ok.
If you have recently adopted her and have changed her food, that might be causing her diarrhea. There is a chance that she already had it because something un the food composition is just not good for her (for example, my cat Freya was just starting to eat dry food when breeder hace her to me with some of her food. She has diarrhea for almost a month, and in the end It was because her food, Royal Canin, wasn't good for her. I changed brand and she is fine now). If she has been recently vaccinated, that could also cause diarrhea for a short period.

Ashtray

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like a black classic tabby[domestic shorthair]. Absolutely beautiful!