Is she a Russian Blue or Mix?

bluekitty01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is our new kitty Blue. Showed up at our doorstep. I fed her and asked all the neighbors if anyone was missing a cat. No owner found. Blue is now apart of our family! I was on Google she seems to closely match the Russian blue do you think she might be?

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is our new kitty Blue. Showed up at our doorstep. I fed her and asked all the neighbors if anyone was missing a cat. No owner found. Blue is now apart of our family! I was on Google she seems to closely match the Russian blue do you think she might be?
More pics are welcome, but this face could easily be a face of a purebred RB.  Not the usual type in the USA, sooner the European type.

What country do you live in?

Have you searched for a chip?  If she fled from a visit to a stud, or from a show, she would prob have a chip - and be unknown to your neigbours...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluekitty01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in the USA but about 15 miles from the Canadian border. I do however have a appointment this coming week to a vet and see if she has a chip. When I bought her in she seemed to be have been someone's cat because she is so well mannered! She is very sweet, mellow girl usually following me around. Also very quiet.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
RB are usually rather sleek, noticeably sleeker than an average cat. Often described as sleek and elegant - yet rather muscular.

Korats may be somewhat similiar, but a shade more stocky and muscular, and the face somewhat different.

dribble926

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is the best body shot of her standing I could get.
she's such a pretty Kitty! I think it's highly likely that she is if not purely RB, a mixed Kitty closely related. The best answers you could get would be from your vet or from a DNA test. You can order pet DNA tests online.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluekitty01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the replies! I'm getting very attached to her. I guess next week I will find out if she will be permanently mine depending if she has a chip. If she doesn't have one I will look into those DNA test. I will keep everyone posted. This will be the first cat I have ever owned, this is such a great site. I did grow up with cats we had a white parsian and a siamese. But they were my parents so I did none of their care.Thanks again for any imput.

dribble926

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the replies! I'm getting very attached to her. I guess next week I will find out if she will be permanently mine depending if she has a chip. If she doesn't have one I will look into those DNA test. I will keep everyone posted. This will be the first cat I have ever owned, this is such a great site. I did grow up with cats we had a white parsian and a siamese. But they were my parents so I did none of their care.Thanks again for any imput.
Here is a site off of which you can find out about cat DNA and order a test. The order link is at the bottom. https://www.vgl.ucdavis.edu/services/cat/ancestry/