Is she a Ragdoll?

nlchandler87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know the typical domestic cat is going to be a mixture of many breeds, however, we've recently added a kitten to the family and I'm wondering if she isn't a ragdoll, or at least half? She came from a friends farm so I don't know much about her mom or her dad (a wild tom). Her coloring alone points me in that direction, but I was also reading up on the breed and read that ragdoll's got their name from going limp when picked up. She does that! Then again, that may just be because she's a kitten. She has an interesting coat, it's not long, but it's not exactly short. Her fur is very very thick and so soft - it's unlike any other kitten I've ever held. What do you think?

Her sister Snowflake (left) went to live with my sister and my Beatrice is on the right. Their third sibling looked identical to Snowflake. 

Beatrice

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
May be difficult to tell exactly with small kittens, but yes, save the shortish fur, they could be ragdoll look alike.

As all three known siblings are points, probably both parents are points, OR a pointed, and a non pointed carrier - possible, but less probable.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nlchandler87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The mom was definitely a point, but I didn't get a great look at her as she seemed to be a bit wild. Or maybe just scared of new people.