Is she a rag doll mix?

tabithalias

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
 I probably have too many pictures. Lol! I just love taking pictures of my cat! I can't help it, she's just so adorable. 

This is Io. I got her when she was 3 weeks old, I had to bottle feed her.

She follows me around, sleeps next to me, and comes when I call her name or tap on the couch.

She lets me do anything I want with her. I can pick her up and hold her like a baby, drape her around my shoulders, anything really. She's happy as long as she's near me.

​She's the sweetest, most attentive cat I've ever had, and even as a kitten she played, but not as aggressively as other kittens that I have had. She mostly just wants to lay on top of me and purr while kneading my chest. 

I've also noticed that, while she doesn't look all that bulky, she feels really dense, muscular, and firm, which I know are characteristics of the breed. 

The only thing that makes me doubt her breed is the fact that her coat isn't as fluffy as most ragdollls that I have seen. Although, as she ages, she is getting more and more fluff. 

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its difficult to say with mixes!   True, a longhaired mated with a shorthaired will usually give shorthaired kittens (unless the other significative was a carrier of longhair - if so it will be half of each in the litter).    She is shorthaired, as seen on her non-bushy tail.

Still, that pattern is quite common with ragdolls, point with white, or mitted point.  Often called for point-bicolor.   I presume you can also say point tuxedo.   :)

A very nice cat, both by the sound of what you tell, and by the looks!

Good luck!

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She could be. My cat is half Ragdoll, half snowshoe, and has somewhat similiar markings. He is a very mellow cat, almost doglike in his need to be around people.

Last edited: