Purraise
i would'nt know, but he is beautiful

i'm sure someone will be along soon who will be able to tell you,
oh, and by the way, welcome to TCS

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like he may be, but I'm definately no expert!

I like the second picture!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andyfl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome to TCS guys!

Ridley is certainly a playful ball of fur.

We have these interior shutters on our front windows.

Ridley has learnt to tap them up or down to open them.

It freaks out visitors.

They text me saying... Man, your cat just opened the window to check me out!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm no expert, but I don't think he is a Maine Coon. They have tufts on the tips of their ears for one thing. I know they are larger than most cats as well, but from the looks of the photo's your kitty doesn't have the tufts on the ears.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is an example of a typical Maine Coon cat. Notice the tufts of hair on the top of the ears. This is what a Maine Coon looks like. I don't see that your cat looks like this. Your cat has long hair like a Maine Coon, but I would call your cat a Domestic Long Hair

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I would say your cat looks more like a Norwegian Forest cat than a Maine Coon.

I dont think he's a Wegie either... see, Wedgie's have almond shaped eyes and this one's are round. Perhap's he is just a mix Coon... or what about a Siberian?

I just went through the same thing with my Willow, trying to figure out her 'breed' and comparing one to the next, you wouldnt believe the sites on telling them apart! Not that it much matters, but just interesting to know. I tend to think she too is like a Siberian.

Even if he is only a Domestic Long Hair, he sure is adorable! As is my Willow

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi there~~ welcome!

Your guy looks just like my little girl. She's full grown but very petite and she's a Tabby/Coon Mix. She's got the tufts on her ears and between her toes, she has a mane around her nack and what makes her different from just a tabby is she does not have a tabby tail - she has a coon tail with long flowing hair and no racoon markings. Here she is - she's almost identical, and her behavior is very similar. She loves to play, is very affectionate and very quiet.

kwonghow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I could not be able to tell if your cat is a maine coon but it look like one.. But I don't seem to see the tail... But the ears.. one is quite small for a maine coon and also the Muzzle... wise... little bit short in the pic maybe you could give a more clearer pic...

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks alot like my Rocky, who also resembles a Maine Coon but as we found him stray on the street, he is likely not.
Rocky even has a Maine Racoon type tail but we would call him a Domestic Longhair, as I think yours is.

He sure is beautiful

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kaylee has duft on her paws
but she looks nothing near like yours

I love the pics by the way!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I would say your cat looks more like a Norwegian Forest cat than a Maine Coon.

I dont think he's a Wegie either... see, Wedgie's have almond shaped eyes and this one's are round. Perhap's he is just a mix Coon... or what about a Siberian?

I just went through the same thing with my Willow, trying to figure out her 'breed' and comparing one to the next, you wouldnt believe the sites on telling them apart! Not that it much matters, but just interesting to know. I tend to think she too is like a Siberian.

Even if he is only a Domestic Long Hair, he sure is adorable! As is my Willow
Gorgeous, gorgeous kitty. On this picture the eyes ARE almond and she in general does look like a Wedgie.