Is my Ragdoll in Labour?

Chloclo73

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I’m new here! 👋

We’re on day 63 of pregnancy. I think my Ragdoll may be in Labour, but I’m not 100% sure. This will be her first litter, I’m so excited!
Today she’s been sleeping more than usual, seems a little restless, keeps changing resting positions and has been hiding more than usual.
Looking at her, I can’t see any contractions, no signs of a mucus plug or waters yet and she’s still eating as normal.
Do you think she may be in the first stage labour? I’m not sure how many kittens she’s having, I know there definitely two but hoping for four 🤞
We have everything set up ready for her and the kittens, she’s sat in the birth boxes but prefers the bed 😬

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi all, I’m new here! 👋

We’re on day 63 of pregnancy. I think my Ragdoll may be in Labour, but I’m not 100% sure. This will be her first litter, I’m so excited!
Today she’s been sleeping more than usual, seems a little restless, keeps changing resting positions and has been hiding more than usual.
Looking at her, I can’t see any contractions, no signs of a mucus plug or waters yet and she’s still eating as normal.
Do you think she may be in the first stage labour? I’m not sure how many kittens she’s having, I know there definitely two but hoping for four 🤞
We have everything set up ready for her and the kittens, she’s sat in the birth boxes but prefers the bed 😬
Has she dropped? Ie, suddenly seems less pregnant.
If no, it may be Braxton - Hicks, ie a way of mother nature to train up the muscles. Delivery comes usually a few days later.

If she has dropped, it may be beginning of the labor.. Prelabor may be quite long, even 24 hours. But the active labor phase shall be shorter.

If you have at home anything containing calcium, and she eats it, give it to her. Goats milk, yoghurt, kmr, cheese, Cant hurt may help.

Because too little calcium may give weak labor.