Is my Perzues Persian or Himalayan Persian?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My aunt bred Persians, and to my knowledge a full-blooded one with markings like a Siamese is a Himalayan. Please bear in my I that I am not familiar Perzues Persians, so you can't really take my words to be accurate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mitchquiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank! yeah most of them said Perzeus is a mixed breed of persian himalayan.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry but I've never heard of a Perzeus. However, Himalayans are similar to Persians with the exception of the eyes which are bright blue and have Siamese colorpoint markings. Therefore, a Himalayan is a cross between a Persian and Siamese.

mitchquiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh got it. Perzeus is our cat's name.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry but I've never heard of a Perzeus. However, Himalayans are similar to Persians with the exception of the eyes which are bright blue and have Siamese colorpoint markings. Therefore, a Himalayan is a cross between a Persian and Siamese.
In some cat registries such as the Cat Fanciers Association, the Himalayan is a Persian and outcrosses with Siamese have not been allowed for MANY years. Himalayans are called colorpoint Persians now.
The posters kitten could well be a pure colorpoint, just not show quality type ( doesn’t make the cat any less adorable or lovable!) It could only be proven by registration with one of the registries.

mitchquiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In some cat registries such as the Cat Fanciers Association, the Himalayan is a Persian and outcrosses with Siamese have not been allowed for MANY years. Himalayans are called colorpoint Persians now.
The posters kitten could well be a pure colorpoint, just not show quality type ( doesn’t make the cat any less adorable or lovable!) It could only be proven by registration with one of the registries.
Thank you for the insights PossiePurrs. 😻

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tx for explaining the cofusion, Perzeus is the name....

Himalayan Persians (ie pointed persians) tend to not be as much flat faces as the other typical modern persians.

So its not impossible he IS a Himalayan persian...

But if not, there are really no proofs for whatever, unless you have solid good registration papers or otherwise, a solid background history...