The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

newkittymom210

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm your right... he does share a striking resemblance to both a furby and guinea pig! Lol

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  Enjoy this phase, it won't last long!  At least Furbies and guinea pigs are cute, Mouse started off looking like a tiny mole and then a mouse before he took on his more appropriate cat looks. 
    Does your boy have a name yet, or are you waiting until you meet and know for definite that you are adopting before you choose what to call him?

newkittymom210

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IV been trying to think of a name but it's hard without knowing his personality!

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IV been trying to think of a name but it's hard without knowing his personality!
I agree that you want to know his personality first. My Beans was a fluffy sweet looking kitty, however her personality is more akin to a swashbuckling pirate. "Beans" just kept gnawing at me for the first couple of days it fits her.

My Oksana on the other hand is very demure and dainty. She doesn't walk, she prances. I laugh every time I see that "Prancercise" video as it reminds me of her. "Oksana" sounded frilly so it was a match.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Agree wholeheartedly.  Mind you,  Mouse would have ended up being called Plank if that had happened with him. 
    That's what his breeder called him because he was (and still is) so daft.  Mouse does him fine, he sometimes has a mouse like look to his face and he squeaks more than he meows. 
     His proper 'Sunday' name is Little Mouser but he's not so good at mousing so he's not called that very often. 

newkittymom210

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IV never had such a hard time with a name before. I usually go with the 1st instinct name that comes to me but I haven't had one for him yet. Maybe once I get him in my arms a name will just come to me lol

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure you will.  
 There's no hurry, and he might be transformed when he has that first bath of his: best not to rush.  LoL

happyliz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww did you get your kitten already?

Last edited by a moderator:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Was just wondering this my self,  hope all is going well for the planned adoption if it hasn't already aken place. 

newkittymom210

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually long story short I went with a different breeder and got a pair of siblings. The white is gizmo and the black one is her runt brother Sebastian. They are 5 months old and tiny babies. Unfortunately they were also ringworm carriers and me and the dogs broke out in lesions and are playing that fun game now lol

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on the adoption.  
    Gizmo and Sebastian look pretty irresistable there.   Here's to the ring worm clearning really soon and no other health issues so you can all relax and enjoy them taking over your home.   Cute dog too.

Looking forward to more photos and more posts about kitten mayhem.  

domino white

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, they are not going to be smush faced. Some silly person answered that only backyard breeders sell doll faced persians. This is untrue. They cost more that a flat faced persian. Think of the Fancy Feast cat. It is much better that the nose is not flat. They tear from the eyes a lot and have breathing problems. 

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No, they are not going to be smush faced. Some silly person answered that only backyard breeders sell doll faced persians. This is untrue. They cost more that a flat faced persian. Think of the Fancy Feast cat. It is much better that the nose is not flat. They tear from the eyes a lot and have breathing problems. 
I realize this thread is old, but I had to comment on the above. I used to breed Persians and while my cats were not 'smushed faced' as the solids and other colors, they met the breed standard.  Silver and Golden Persians (the Fancy Feast cat) traditionally are not as flat faced as other colors, but are held to the same standard of a '"short snub nose with the break centered in the middle". It is NOT true that the flat face causes tearing or trouble breathing. My most extreme cat never tears. The size of the nares (nostrils) can be a problem for any cat, but a responsible breeder tries to breed away from that problem. All breeders have pet quality cats - If you could only get top show in every litter soon the pet cats would not be available! There are people with a low moral character who will take advantage of the uninformed, selling tea cup Persians, or 'rare' (read unaccepted or impossible) colors', even charging more for the so called doll faced kittens or to give you the papers to register the kitten.