is my girl a Maine coon?

nikkifresh123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My big girl Peaches is 25-30lbs a ball of shedding fur a beautiful coat with big fluffy feet and long hair on her toes a full fluffy mane she talks to me when I talk to her "not your typical meow" she has long hair on her tail loves belly rubs

Last edited by a moderator:

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you happen to have more photos of her? It would be easier to tell if you did! That is a really large kitty though. I thought my 17 pound boys were big!

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm honestly not sure.. Strangely enough, besides her coat colour, she reminds me of a ragdoll in the face and with her build and fur type. She could very well have Maine Coon in her though, or she could just be a domestic longhair who happens to be very big. Does she like water? Is she docile? Does she chatter or trill?
I have two cats that are half Maine Coon brothers and your Peaches sort of looks like one of them in the face.
This is Duncan ^^

Last edited:

ganesha0

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@nikkifresh123

Welcome to TCS.

Belly rubs:)

I'm just guessing, but she might have a Ragamuffin ancestor (a very close cousin of the Ragdoll, but with many more coat patterns and eye colors).

Gorgeous cat!.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkifresh123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you I saved her life I found her in Atlantic City on the side of the road in a box with a broken glass with no water no food "infested" with fleas she was just 6/7 months old I cleaned her up took her to the vet got her fixed and it seems she know I saved her life [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ she follows me everywhere I can pick her up and for some reason she likes laying on my lap upside down and she just looks around lol she doesn't mind water when I gave her the flea treatments she just sat there no fight and seemed to enjoy it my other car flipped out! she likes our family but when friends come over she hides or hisses and is not nice but if I go and console her she is ok she always talks back like she is saying "raaaaaw" when I talk to her and sometimes it's drawn out sometimes shorter and when she purrs her mouth is open partially and she breathes so heavy I thought it was because she is so big lol no matter what she is I love her and I know she loves me that's what matters

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
This is my 8 1/2 year old Maine Coon, he's red also, no white. Maine Coons usually have sort of a "wild" look to their faces, many have tufts at their ear tips.

The fur should be shorter across the shoulders and haunches, longer on the body, with big pantaloons, a big ruff, fluffy tail which is carried low, sometimes dragging on the ground.