Is my cats incision open?

onyxwhite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, I’m taking him to the vet either way but I just got my cat neutered yesterday July 7th, when he came home he was acting like an angry drunk, until he finally calmed down at night and did sleep. Went to feed him and notice it being super red. Can anyone tell me if this is an open wound? Although I probably know the answer.

Attachments

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Of course take him to vet for a recheck. But usually they don’t suture neuter sites closed. It does heal as an open area. It does look inflamed. Has he been licking allot?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

onyxwhite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Of course take him to vet for a recheck. But usually they don’t suture neuter sites closed. It does heal as an open area. It does look inflamed. Has he been licking allot?
He hasn’t been licking at all actually! I do have an e-cone around him but he has been itching it A LOT (his neck) I know it’s not too tight, I have 2 fingers that fit comfortable, but I’m just thinking when he was itching his neck if he may have accidentally scratched it. He’s eating and drinking normally as well. I’m still going to keep a close eye on it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

onyxwhite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh he hates it!! I just got a more softer one from amazon. I don’t blame him for being uncomfortable.

Judy Kennedy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is licking her econe,I think it’s a response to not being able to bring her body so I brush her when I see you doing that is that OK or is that the reason