Is my catfood OK?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aquiel

I feed all my adult cats SD, and they seem to like it just fine, then again, they will eat just about what ever is put in front of them.
My two kittens are on Fortum Brand Kitten food, which is Petcetera's own brand of food. They seem to like it alot, but looking at the ingrediants, Im not soo sure of its quality.
It's ingrediants are: Chicken By-Product Meal, brewers rice, ground corn, chicken fat, dried beet pulp, fish meal, dried whole eggs, and brewers dried yeast...etc,
Good?Bad?OK?
By-product meal is not a great quality protein source, and I try to avoid foods that use ground corn, cracked corn, whole corn, corn meal. This would be a food I'd avoid if I had other choices I could obtain.

aquiel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

By-product meal is not a great quality protein source, and I try to avoid foods that use ground corn, cracked corn, whole corn, corn meal. This would be a food I'd avoid if I had other choices I could obtain.
okey dokey then!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CJ and Billy are on Iams, but Billy's getting fat again. After the kittens are weaned, they're all probably going back on Purina Kitten Chow.