Is my cat pregnant/kitten colors

Noobie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone , i just need your opinion wether my cat is pregnant or not ?she was with a stud on the 25th of dec ( supervised mating for 6 days ) not her first litter.
Shes spouse to be 2 weeks pregnant now , but not sure , she roams around the house and definitely hungrier ans gained some weight , but still not sure , i toke a few fotos of her nipples , could you confirm or deny her pregnancy.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my terrible english , its not my first language :)
I live in Austria

IMG_3442.jpeg

Attachments

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, it's nice to meet you. I would say it is a definite possibility, as it seems she is starting to nest and it looks like she is pinking up a bit, though it may be a little on the early side to tell. It may take a bit longer for a vet confirmation. I would be on the safe side and go ahead with a pregnancy diet. The extra nutrition couldn't hurt.

Is she a Persian? As you probably already know, they don't always look waddling huge like many DSH cats. Poor Marble (DSH) looked like she was about to pop with what we believed to be her first litter. My Persian, who we believed to be unable to have kittens due to a tragic injury, had a surprise litter. We didn't even know she was pregnant.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Noobie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi , thanks for the reply , yes she’s Persian and did gain few pounds in the last couple of weeks, but as i said she’s Hungrier .

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
You may need to wait a little longer for clearer signs. It's usually closer to 3 weeks when the nipples start to pink up. Have you seen any more changes in the last week?

Noobie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just noticed a weight gain , appetite is amazing always ready to eat , likes to be petted, before not so much . Sleepy , tired and her nipples are pinkish , they were weight before

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nipples dont confirm much as yet, but her secondary behavior hints she may be preg yes. As said above, you must wait more to be reasonably sure.

Noobie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she was pregnant and gave birth to 6 beautiful kittens last week .

Noobie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone , my car gave birth to 5 kittens last weeks , and i was shocked to see that they are all vorn gray even though the mother and father and pure white Persians with silver back , but also each day they become whiter and i am not sure what color are the becoming , i will post photos of the parents with kittens .
This is photo the moment she gave birth .

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
White is very dominant and may cover other colors. If parents arent homozygot for white; you can easily get some other pattern or color in Some kittens.