Is my cat part Siamese?

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
it's hard to tell from that picture but it doesn't look part siamese. it looks like a russian blue.. what color are the eyes?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rydersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is this a better one? There green!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yea, ellag is correct.  He is quite a look alike of a russian blue.  Esp if he has green eyes.  Difficult to  see on kittens their adult shape for sure, but yes.

Why did you though he is part siamese?   Because of these rather big ears and the somewhat prolonged muzzle?  Russians have it too.

rydersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Yes that's exactly why! A couple people mentioned it to me! She's really soft and has a really shiny coat as well!

rydersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

this is another recent picture! Kind of showes her body longer back legs and really slender
:

Last edited by a moderator:

rydersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she's got those kind of darker rings around her tail as well!
and this is a Better picture with the colour of her eyes! Sorry for all the pictures lol I'll stop now

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
These dark phantom rings on kittens are quite common.  Although if the proceed to be on an adult RB, they are considered as a fault.

Yeah, you had got yourself a nice look alike of an Russian Blue.   What is hers background, do you know it?   Is there any possibility she may be  of RB ancestry for real?

rydersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ya is a possibility!! The lady I got her from had no clue at all what she was other the maybe calico! And ya she was born July 4th and the rings seem to just be more defined now don't look like there going anywhere!!

rydersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all the input! The lady I got her from found out she in a blue Russian!:)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the muzzle continues to be even more prolonged, an alternative to compare to may be the Oriental.   These are quite alike modern siameses, but without point, often in solid colors.

But at that moment, she reminds mostly on Russian blue - these are too typically sleek, somewhat prolonged muzzle, rather big ears, etc.

The fur shall have a silvery shine too. btw.