Is My Cat On Labor?

GoddessOfNight

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need some advice too.. My cat has been lactating, this is her 6th day. Been noticing the kitten moving nonstop. She has a minimal appetite. I usually give her a bowl with 4 scoops per meal, she can usually consumed 5 bowls of food but now, the bowl I left is still almost full. Is this a sign that shes giving birth soon? She goes frequently to her litter box too.

I dont know when she's giving birth bevause I didnt know she was pregnant at the first place. I just noticed her lumps on April 5.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it sounds like your cat is ready to go into labor at anytime now. Lactation can start up to a week early.

Less appetite and clearing the bowels are pre-labor signs also.

Kimmiepie86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like it. From everything I've learned so far her lactating and losing appetite are signs of impending labor!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoddessOfNight

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, it sounds like your cat is ready to go into labor at anytime now. Lactation can start up to a week early.

Less appetite and clearing the bowels are pre-labor signs also.
She vomited her food last night. Then this morning she starts eating less. Her milk is leaking even more. I dont see any contractiom though aside from the kittens moving actively. Her tummy is becoming so bumpy like its vacummed thats why the kittens are more visible.

Kimmiepie86

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat vomited this morning, eating less and using litter box more. She is not leaking milk though. Do all cats start leaking milk before birth?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoddessOfNight

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wanna know is shes delivering tonight or tomorrow at least.. i need to leave for duty for like 5 days and I hate not to witness that day shes gonna give birth since its gona be her first time..