Is my cat a Russian Blue?

donimo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He doesnt have papers but from what I've read he seems to have a lot of traits that fit the breed, mauve paw pads also. Very curious.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow ,he is  beautiful , I love that face .. He reminds me a little of a British Shorthair  ( " Church" in Pet Semetary  ).

I love that cat ..

catsnip

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is the cutest, looks like my Zoozi.  Well, I call him a Russian Blue, and I had another one that I got as a kitten that lived until age 18, incredibly healthy and vibrant cat.  No one could tell them apart.  I guess he could be a British Blue or a Russian Blue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donimo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Wow ,he is  beautiful , I love that face .. He reminds me a little of a British Shorthair  ( " Church" in Pet Semetary  ).

I love that cat ..
Haha, now you mention it, he does! Wow that movie was creepy, never watched the second one though [emoji]128541[/emoji]

Last edited by a moderator:

donimo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wouldn't think British, they are more teddybear looking to me and his eyes are green rather than yellow - if you catch them in the right light they are stunning. I think he's about 8 years old but we'll never know for sure. Before him we had a Burmese & a Calico - I miss them dearly [emoji]128542[/emoji]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
His cheeks are rather broad, alike on a old tom.  Is he neutered?  When was it done, as kitten, or as an full grown adult?

donimo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He actually has a pretty slim face but it does look broad in this picture. He is nurtured but no idea when it was done. He is also declawed (front paws) which I think is quite barbaric [emoji]128542[/emoji] we took him on from someone else a while back and they didn't really pass along much info about him at all. He's such a lovely temperament, always wants to be on your lap, quite shy around the kids though (I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old) but if they are sitting quiet he will come over to investigate. He LOVES his food and I think the previous owner May of over fed him a little [emoji]128540[/emoji] he's a big boy.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see. Without papers you cant never know.   He is not the most splendid look alike, but he is near enough he could be a  pet quality  RB.  Yes, I suppose he could.

But as it is, you could / should call him for a Maltese cat  and  somewhat a look alike a Russian Blue...  Or something like that.

Im happy to hear he is a nice companion and family member,  Even somewhat shy alike quite a few  RB are.   My oldest resident certainly is!