Is my cat a persian of some kind or a long haired domestic cat?

bluesnowcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mr. Meow Meow is a year old now and the owners of the parents said their male persian cat was fixed, but the vet missed some of his...well...stuff, and so he got the female pregnant anyway and they only had 1 kitten. The mother rejected the kitten and so the kitten had to be bottle fed. I'm not sure how true this whole story is but I adopted this kitten. I was wondering if he looks like a persian or a long haired cat of some kind. It's hard to tell, sometimes he looks like a persian and sometimes he looks like a long haired domestic. I'm not sure what to look for.

The first four pics are of my cat, Mr. Meow Meow (From kitten to teen to adult). The other two are of his mom and dad. He is extremely docile and doesn't mind baths. He seems really fragile too like his bones don't seem as thick or strong as my other cats.

The parents. His dad. His mom.

crazycatlady11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me. Meow Meow definitely looks like a Persian! I'm not 100% sure, but if you look at photos of Persian cats, he looks just like them.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
looks like a Persian to me! 

are the parents pedigreed/purebred Persians?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He has the face of a dollface persian type.   Ie the moms face.  The father is more of  modern flat face persian.

Its not sure the vet missed the operation.  They toms are fertile at least one week after  neutering, maybe more... Theoretically maybe even 6 weeks.