Is my cat a calico, tortie, torbie... or all of the above?!

stiletto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pico seemingly has traits of all three.

She has patches that don't mix, then she has some that are mixed, and also orange tabby marks down one of her hind legs.

Notable patch patters, a black heart on her chest, white bosom, black jaw, 4 white paws.

Notable mixed/torti parts on her back, and front legs.

Notable tabby markings: hind legs, shoulders, face.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, she is pretty! I'd call her tortie and white, although you could also say calico and I don't think many people would argue that. I usually consider a calico to have large, well-defined patches of color, and torties to have a more mottled appearance. But there's no actual rule for that :tongue2:.

She wouldn't be considered a torbie because her black patches don't have tabby markings. Red patches always have tabby markings---it has something to do with how the red color gene relates to the tabby gene. . .anyway, red is always tabby.

Last edited:

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooh, she is pretty! I'd call her tortie and white, although you could also say calico and I don't think many people would argue that. I usually consider a calico to have large, well-defined patches of color, and torties to have a more mottled appearance. But there's no actual rule for that :tongue2:..
:yeah: that's what I've always thought too.
She is a lovely cat!

dmk129

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Beautiful cat!!!!  I love her markings!  Whatever she is she is cute as can be!  I have no idea what to say she is but CUTE is it!! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stiletto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

Hubby says he's going to call her a Torticalibi hahahahaha

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is absolutely beautiful. I think she is a calitorti. My cat Omelette is similar to yours with her coat also,whatever we call them they are beautiful,wonderful kitties.Enjoy her.