Is My Baby A Half Rag Doll?

Peony Fluffytail

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

My Cheshire is a huge cat, big paws, big yawns and very lazy. Gorgeous short hair and very friendly. Very prominent features of that of a rag doll but I can't help but wonderful is he half rag doll and half stray? Just something that peaked my interest. Thanks for your suggestions and thoughts

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I don't see any Ragdoll in him (Ragdolls are colorpointed cats, meaning they're born white and develop darker colors later, and have long fur and a stockier body and than Cheshire: Breed Profile: The Ragdoll) but that's not to say that he's not beautiful! Cheshire would be a black (are his darker spots black? They look so in the picture) and white bicolor (in the harlequin patrern) Domestic Shorthair. :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A ragdoll mated with a shorthair black and white shorthair stray will give as resultat a black and white shorthair cat. Rather big and behaving in much as a ragdoll. :) The dominant genes will take over - dominate over - the recessive genes.

So, what we see is what we got. But if you are sure he otherwise behaves alike a ragdoll, why, its fully possible he has a near ancestry hereof.