Is my 11 week old long or short haired?

cocacola144

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I'm not good at cat identification, or telling if their fur is going to be long or short; I just love cats. I am wondering if my kitten who is almost 11 weeks will be long or medium or short haired. I will love him none the less but it would be nice to just know what he'll be. I have a long furred cat already that wasn't even this fuzzy when she was a kitten. So here it is, any help would be nice. He has very furry ears. and big paws with a little bit of fuzz between. However his tail doesnt seem all that thick or fuzzy.  (also don't mind the bare mattress my sheets are in the dryer as I type)

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Beautiful kitten ;)

He will have a more medium length coat :D

I love his big eyes and ears and his little pink nose :rbheart:
Very beautiful red mackerel tabby with well defined markings

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocacola144

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your fast reply.  What exactly is medium haired? I know maine coons are long haired. But what is medium? Is this medium? 

( my  other kitty. :3)

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you for your fast reply.  What exactly is medium haired? I know maine coons are long haired. But what is medium? Is this medium? 

( my  other kitty. :3)
Yep, the cat in the pic is medium haired :D Also breeds like the Ragdoll and Turkish Van have a medium coat length ( this is can also be called a semi long haired )

A medium length coat has slightly shorter hair on the body, with longer hair around the neck (called a ruff) long bushy tail, long hair on back legs (called breaches) and longer belly hair ;)