Is it enough to feed my cat ground chicken?

adriana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't recommend it. It would fine for supplementing canned or dry food with, but not as a staple. Cats need an appropiate balance between bone and meat, as well as organ meats (liver, kidney, etc.) Supplements are an individual choice. Some people feel the need to add supplements to their cat's diet, some people don't. I, personally, do not add supplements, but it's up to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dan138zig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Adriana

I wouldn't recommend it. It would fine for supplementing canned or dry food with, but not as a staple. Cats need an appropiate balance between bone and meat, as well as organ meats (liver, kidney, etc.) Supplements are an individual choice. Some people feel the need to add supplements to their cat's diet, some people don't. I, personally, do not add supplements, but it's up to you.
But the ground chicken includes bone and organ, so it should be enough, no?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would find out exactly what is in the ground chicken, and if it's meant as a complete cat food. If it's the commercial stuff you can buy from a pet store, then yes - it's probably fine to feed on it's own. Otherwise, you need to research carefully and make sure it is providing your kitty the the vitamins and minerals they need.

You can also print out the ingredient list and guaranteed analysis and ask your vet if it sufficient for your kitty

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The link you gave says page not found at least for me....

I think my Pms gave you a solid guide . yes you should discuss with your vet .

dan138zig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well, I've decided I won't buy that packs of ground chicken. because the seller herself doesn't know the ratio of chicken parts in those packs

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by dan138zig

well, I've decided I won't buy that packs of ground chicken. because the seller herself doesn't know the ratio of chicken parts in those packs
that would make it hard ... do you have any other options?

dan138zig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

that would make it hard ... do you have any other options?
Well I'll just buy fresh chicken and rabbit from a butcher. Sounds good? The only it is to get my cat to eat bones and whole body parts.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
can you find a calcium supplement? I have to chop organ s myself when not buying a "balanced" mix

dan138zig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

can you find a calcium supplement? I have to chop organ s myself when not buying a "balanced" mix
how about egg shell?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you can... If memory serves most tell you to bake the shells to make a better powder....Do you get your eggs fresh from someone with chicken?

dan138zig

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

you can... If memory serves most tell you to bake the shells to make a better powder....Do you get your eggs fresh from someone with chicken?
so I should microwwave it first? no, I get it from a vegetables seller.

adriana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If your cat is going to be eating the bones from the rabbit and chicken, then a calcium supplement most likely won't be required.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Adriana

If your cat is going to be eating the bones from the rabbit and chicken, then a calcium supplement most likely won't be required.
The Op cant get the cat to eat bones , that is why the suggestion of a supplement