carabean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
here are the stats:
2 cats
1 - kitty: has been with us for 5 yrs
2 - lucky: has been with us for just over a month
(3rd - Emmy - lost her battle with CRF in late April)

After Emmy's death, we found Kitty was pretty depressed (and so were we) so we got a new firend, 3 yr old Lucky.

In the beginning Kitty was a little scared for Lucky but nothing too crazy... it was lessoning each day. We left for a weeks vacation while my sister inlaw came to check on the cats daily and something had gone haywire. Kitty is now DEATHLY affraid of Lucky. He hides under the bed or in the basement. Lucky and he apparentlly had a fight while we were away... but now lucky just wants to sniff him or play but Kitty won't have anything to do with it...

We think we might have introduced Lucky to Kitty too fast... we kept him in a separate room for a day or so then let him out to explore.... is there any way we can help this? should be put lucky in a room for a few days while kitty reclaims his home... then let lucky out? or are we doomed for the next 15+ years to have Kitty hide for the rest of his life...

Kitty seems totally depressed and miserable... we keep trying to reasure him but he keeps forgetting that we love him...

I think we just need to give them both time but if you've got some advice or have dealt with a similar issue before, i would love your insight