I'm only curious because of his size

coot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My two 8 month old kittens(Gryff and Cully) went to the vet today. The vet told me Gryff the orange tabby is over weight. He weighs 11 lbs and his sister is only 7 lbs. They are from the same litter. I was just wondering if anyone could tell what maybe he looks like he might be mixed with. He was the largest of the litter and Cully was the runt. I just thought he was going to be a large but healthy weight cat. Any thoughts would be appreciated

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The black tuxedo is Cully?  I almost thought so, them having essentially the same pattern, one red tuxedo, the other black tuxedo.

They are domestics. Longhaired domestics, I think.  As pretty as they can be.

Healthy cats shall have some meat, unless they do belong to a breed whom is known for being slender, alike modern siamese, oriental or russian blue.

so I myself dont think Gryff looks fat.  But still, being overweight and  fat, isnt healhy.  Not to humans and very much not to cats, with their different and more sensitive system.   So work with it some, but its nothing alarming nor any big overweight.   He IS a big boy.

Although, if Cully were supposed to be the runt and she is 7 lbs, the difference isnt really so big between a runt and a biggish overweigh cat.  Just 4lbs.

So, either is Gryff not so very big, OR Cully has grown up and is a big girl herself....   Females tend to be smaller than males no?

I mean, either is Gryff not much overweigh, OR you must look up with Cullys weigh too...

Good you do have access and contact with a vet whom cares!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are some of the sweetest cat pictures I have ever seen. Both cats, simply adorable.