I'm guessing it's a standard domestic shorthair?

Ayzurea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not really my cat. It's my feral cat so can't pin them down to grab super close ups.

Besides lifting the tail I'm guessing there no way to guess the sex of the cat?

I'm just guessing it's a gray(?) tabby which is domestic shorthair? Screenshot_20231227_082435_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Coloring in pics can be deceiving, but otherwise I would agree it is a tabby DSH (domestic short hair). I know of no way other than checking this cat's 'private parts' to determine sex.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
he might not be actually feral. have you thought about getting a trap and trying to get it in and at least get it to the vet? the vet should be able to help you tell if it's really feral or not. if not actually feral you can work on making friends with him or her inside. I don't think actual ferals get this comfy with humans usually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ayzurea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he might not be actually feral. have you thought about getting a trap and trying to get it in and at least get it to the vet? the vet should be able to help you tell if it's really feral or not. if not actually feral you can work on making friends with him or her inside. I don't think actual ferals get this comfy with humans usually.
I only said feral because it matches more of what I seen in that chart. And it acts much much different from the other 2 cats that roam the neighborhood. The other two cats will roll on floor, meow at you while them walking close. Then they will try to rub up against you. Also they eat messy like you can see left over food on the bowl. While eating they just eat constantly. While this cat will constantly look over it's shoulders, and never sticking it's tail up. While the others the tails are sky high.

The only reason I could image it being friendly is food. I saw the cat sleeping under a bush/plant/tree looking kinda tiny, like it gave me hungry vibes. So I bought some cat food and gave it. They initially ran away but eventually they sniffed it and ate everything. While they were eating they looked a tad small. (It was a rainy and cold week/month)

The double issue of not wanting to vet the cat is. I don't have the money to spend on possibly expensive vet bills. Also I'm not so sure if this cat wants to be caught as while I can get some what close to it. If I get too close it runs off to hide. And in transportation of this pretty sure my allergies will kick off. (I'm super allergic to cats lol, but I love them)

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Adult unaltered males tend to get bigger jowls, sometimes quite protruding. Yours hasnt, and has neither the cut in ear TNRed ferales has.
But this is no proof. If he isnt very territorial and rather friendly, he wouldt have very much testosterone either. So no big jowls.

Big jowls - adult tom, but no jowls may be almost whatever. :)
Its the raised tail which is the most important. :)

Females in heat tend to behave alike females in heat, but this isnt ironclad either. Some have silent heats.