I washed my cat and want to make sure he's okay

Catmer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I washed my cat since and he looks fine, I did everything as supposed to (not too hot/cold water, calming him, etc.), but he didn't want to stay in a blanket afterwards so I just tried getting as much water out as I could, wiping him with a towel and then I let him go as I turned the air conditioning on 30°. He looks fine, almost vomited one time and now he's sleeping, almost dry but his tummy is super hot. Should it be?

pipperoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am curious - did your cat need washing? Is he sick? You say he almost vomited: can you tell us more? How old is your cat?
normally, a cat doesn't need to be washed because they do a great job of keeping themselves clean.

Stargirl0623

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I washed my cat since and he looks fine, I did everything as supposed to (not too hot/cold water, calming him, etc.), but he didn't want to stay in a blanket afterwards so I just tried getting as much water out as I could, wiping him with a towel and then I let him go as I turned the air conditioning on 30°. He looks fine, almost vomited one time and now he's sleeping, almost dry but his tummy is super hot. Should it be?
He should be fine! It sounds like he might have been a bit stressed by it, but cats are waterproof and it sounds like you did everything right. They typically do a great job looking after their own hygiene, but sometimes they have accidents or get something on them that can't be groomed away and need to be bathed--as long as they don't have any medical reason to avoid stress/getting wet, you're quick about it, dry them a bit, and keep them at a comfy temperature afterwards, there's no harm done. They just don't like it!

At this point you're not describing anything I'd be alarmed about; if you feel safe to do so, it sounds like a situation where you can continue to monitor him to make sure he perks back up once he's had a chance to rest and relax.